- Japanese Planer Saw Rasp - Made in Japan
- Made of 10 riveted double sides saw blades
- Non-clogging design
- Double sided – Coarse(11 teeth per inch) and fine side(25 teeth per inch)
- Designed to remove wood on the push stroke
- Removable Blade
- 2 large handles allow for easier handling when using over a large surface.
- 10” (255mm) blade length, Overall Length 13 1/4" (385mm)
Shinto planer saw rasp is designed for easy stock removal over a large surface. Handle can be removed to allow for confined space uses. One side is a coarse for rapid wood removal and a fine side for the finishing cuts. The unique saw blade design eliminates clogging and will save you a lot of time.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We used this tool to carve a replacement transom on a late 50's runabout boat outboard boat. To fit the transom into the boat the bevel on the transom changes 3 times over the length of the 5/4" white oak transom. The Shinto planer cut through the oak with no problem, leaving a surface ready for final fitting with a low angle block plane.
I would highly recommend this to any woodworker!
Easy to use,
cut very fast.
but cannot give a real smooth surface (up to skill),
for me still require some sanding.