- Japanese Planer Saw Rasp - Made in Japan
- Made of 10 riveted double sides saw blades
- Non-clogging design
- Double-sided – Coarse(11 teeth per inch) and a fine side(25 teeth per inch)
- The rear handle is a soft grip handle
- Designed to remove wood on the push stroke
- Removable Blade
- 2 large handles allow for easier handling when used over a large surface.
- 10” (255mm) blade length, Overall Length 13 1/4" (385mm)
Shinto planer saw rasp is designed for easy stock removal over a large surface. The handle can be removed to allow for confined space uses. One side is coarse for rapid wood removal and a fine side is for finishing cuts. The unique saw blade design eliminates clogging and will save you a lot of time.
MM or CM to Fractions of Inches
We used this tool to carve a replacement transom on a late 50's runabout boat outboard boat. To fit the transom into the boat the bevel on the transom changes 3 times over the length of the 5/4" white oak transom. The Shinto planer cut through the oak with no problem, leaving a surface ready for final fitting with a low angle block plane. I would highly recommend this to any woodworker!
Easy to use, cut very fast. but cannot give a real smooth surface (up to skill), for me still require some sanding.