- Mini chemical polished half round rasp file
- Hosco Brand - Made in Japan
- Iwasaki Carving Rasp - fast cutting like a rasp, but leaves a nice surface like a file!
- Special tooth pattern that leaves extremely smooth surface
- Extra fine - 1.2mm tooth spacing
- Removes wood fast
- Chemically Polished surface
- approx. 4" x 3/8" Rasp surface
MM or CM to Fractions of Inches
This rasp is a great little tool....it is little so pay heed to the sizing in the description. I was thinking it was a full sized rasp when I dropped it into the cart and when it arrived I was surprised at the small 4" size. (that was on me for not fully reading the description) Now.....that being said, the cutting teeth deliver an extremely smooth surface and the rasp responds to your touch easily so if you get aggressive it will quickly remove material and a light touch will leave a surface that only needs a little light sanding to clean up. I plan on purchasing the larger sized Iwasaki chem polished rasps as well. This small one we use in our production shop for final shaping the tight areas around the headstock. Great tool and worth money!
Purchased for use with Headstock classical guitars to form concave surfaces. Also good for design cutaway of electric guitar bodies. After treatment, it leaves a smooth surface with minimal notches, scratches. The handle is comfortable to hold, non-slip palms.