- Chemical polished half round rasp file
- Hosco Brand - Made in Japan
- Iwasaki Carving Rasp - fast cutting like a rasp, but leaves a nice surface like a file!
- Special tooth pattern that leaves extremely smooth surface
- Extra fine - 1.2mm tooth spacing
- Removes wood fast
- Chemically Polished surface
- Includes detachable handle**
- approx. 7" x 3/4" Rasp surface
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If you are carving necks these files are a must have. Cuts much wood very smoothly. Seriously, these are incredible files. I will be adding more.
Just got one to try first (never believe the hype), and after only a few minutes decided to add the rest of them to my next order.
They cut aggressively, but without the shredding and pressure marks you get from many rasps. From their tap tone (Sound) and feel, they are made of some version of wicked Japanese steel my other Japanese cutting tools are made of, so I don't fear them wearing out any time soon. I only omitted one star because, only the test of time will tell, but so far I am blown away, now I can't wait to get a clients guitar done and then dive into the carving project I have been dying to get to.
This tool is important for shaping neck's round parts, especially for hard type of wood. A good cutting layer of wood without surface damaging.