Guitar and Bass tuning machines are sold by the side of the headstock they are mounted when viewing from the front. Left or Right side is not the same as left or right handed. Please remember this when placing your order.
- GOTOH SG381-07 Tuning Machines
- Sold Individual for replacements and for custom post configurations
- Small metal knob
- 16:1 tuning ratio
- 45 degree offset mounting hole (the mounting hole is located 45 degrees from the vertical center of the string post)
- ROCK-SOLID posts prevent the rocking of string post
- LUBRI-PLATE lubrication for smooth action and longer life
- Includes bushing and mounting screw
The GOTOH SG381-07 are sold individually for custom configuration. These are also sold in pre-configured sets in another listing.
MM or CM to Fractions of Inches
I have a new Gretsch 5622T that seemed a little cranky staying in tune. I could tell that there was a bit of slop in existing tuners and getting to pitch seemed to need a little over tuning, backing off, then up to pitch. Annoying to say the least. I did some research as to what other tuners would fit without the need to mod my head stock. Philadelphia Luthier suggested that GOTOH SG381-07 might be very close to what was on my guitar. I bought one, a single, to assure fit, and it easily dropped into place for both the string post diameter as well as the 45 degree offset mounting screw hole. It fit exactly. I then ordered a complete set to replace all six tuners, 3R and 3L. My order was quickly filled by Philadelphia Luthier and I had my tuners in just a couple of days. My Gretsch now has much more stable tuning and the installation was very easy.