Guitar and Bass tuning machines are sold by the side of the headstock they are mounted when viewing from the front. Left or Right side is not the same as left or right-handed. Please remember this when placing your order.
- GOTOH SG381-07-MGT Locking Tuning Machines
- Sold Individual for replacements and for custom post configurations
- Small metal knob
- 16:1 tuning ratio
- 45-degree offset mounting hole (the mounting hole is located 45 degrees from the vertical center of the string post)
- Available in 3 string posts lengths (Short, Long, and Ex-Long) for creating staggered post heights
- ROCK-SOLID posts prevent the rocking of the string post
- LUBRI-PLATE lubrication for smooth action and longer life
- NEW MAGNUM-TRAD Traditional style locking tuner with thumbwheel
- Includes bushing and mounting screw
The GOTOH MG-T uses an intuitive rear-mounted thumbwheel locking mechanism for fast string changes.
Available in 3 string posts heights for creating a staggered string post arrangement that will give better tuning stability and increased pressure at the nut for better tone. Most guitars with the standard 3 x 3 configurations will use the standard 20mm long posts. Guitars with inline tuning configuration will 3 - 20mm long and 3 - 18.5mm short posts. Please double check your headstock thickness since some guitars with thicker headstocks, like ESP/LTD guitars with inline tuning machines, will require 3 - 21.5mm Ex Long and 3 - 20mm long posts. The 18.5mm posts can be installed on a headstock with a maximum thickness of 15.1mm (9/16").
**The maximum string diameter that the MG-T can accept is 1.8mm or (.070"). This should be considered if you are installing them on an 8-string guitar with heavy bottom strings.
Locking tuning machines should use a shorter post than non-locking tuning machines. The string posts are about 1/16" (2-3mm) shorter so you will have the proper downward pressure at the nut for increased tuning stability.
MM or CM to Fractions of Inches
This product is exactly what I needed when one of the tuning machines on my guitar broke. It matched well and Philadelphia Luthiers has been fantastic to deal with.
These are excellent upgrades for any guitar...I have a Ibanez 7 string and was having issues finding 7 string sets of machine heads...they sell them individually...thank you