- Offset Diamond Fret Crowning File - Dual Width
- 150 Grit – recommended for fast material removal
- Dual Sided with 2 widths
- Works with Medium, Wide and Jumbo Fretwire
- Steel body with concave grooves coated with industrial grade diamonds
- Overall dimensions is 8 ½” x 7/8” x 3/16” (217mm x 22.9mm x 4.3mm)
Offset fret crowning file will have improved clearance over the guitar body especially when working on acoustic guitars.
Diamond files will cut in both directions, cut faster and don’t chatter or leave chatter marks.
For beginners we recommend the 300 grit diamond fret crowning file because it’s not as aggressive as the 150 grit file.
MM or CM to Fractions of Inches
The rounded portions of this file wore out after only dressing six frets. I have a similar file (that cost twice as much) that has lasted through three complete fret jobs on guitars with 20 frets or more. Will not buy another one of these. --ADMIN - Diamond files should wear out after only 3 frets - make sure the file's diamond grit isn't clogged. Use a small brush to clean grit.
This file removes material quickly and easily. You have to be careful how hard you bear down or you'll take off more than you want. It's definitely a case of letting the file do the work. It is a lot better than the Stew Mac file.
Solve uneven frets in minutes! Great product, saves time :-)