- Diamond Fret Crowning File 3 in 1
- A very fine 600 grit - Typically used as a finishing tool to remove marks left from a coarser crowning file or for spot leveling of frets
- 3 different fret crown sizes on one file
- Narrow, Medium, Wide widths
- Overall length is approx 9” (230mm)
- Crowning surface length is 5” (125mm)
- Very high quality - made in Japan
This diamond fret crowning file has 3 concave cutting edges: one narrow, one medium, and one wide. The advantage of diamond files is you can file in both directions and don’t leave chatter marks. With the 600 grit surface, you will have less sanding and polishing to do.
A 600 grit file is too fine to be used the initial crowing of frets. Use this file to remove the scratches left behind by a coarser file or for touching up a high fret.
As with our other fret crowning files, this will work with Nickel Silver, Stainless Steel, and EVO fretwire.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This file can be used on all kinds of frets, and after using this file easier to polish frets.
I use the offset end diamond files (also offered here) but this file gives me the 3 widths that the other does not have. I like this file for rounding the fret ends as well, leaves a great finish that's easily sanded and polished. I use both files for every re-fret and fret dress job these days.
High quality tools. Well removes scratches after using a file 300 grit, while maintaining the desired profile frets.
A feature of the tool is the ability to handle a three different kinds of fret's width. Excellent, that file has a narrow side for narrow frets. After processing with this tool, it's easier to polish the frets.