- Stainless Steel Jescar Fretwire #FW55090-S
- Stainless Steel is a lot harder and tougher to work with than nickel silver fretwire(not recommended for the beginner)
- Medium Wide electric guitar and a popular bass guitar fretwire
- 2 3/4"(69.85mm) wide(usable width is approx. 2 5/8"(66.675mm))
- 25 frets pre-radiused
- No need for a fretwire bender - **custom radiusing available if requested before ordering**
- Crown width: .090" (2.28mm) Crown Height: .055" (1.40mm)
- Recommended for slot width of .023"
- Please be sure to check size before ordering
Jescar stainless steel fretwire is the hardest fret wire you can get. Jescar fretwire is used by many of the top guitar manufactures and highly regarded repair shops. You can’t go wrong using Jescar fret wire on you next guitar or bass refret.
MM or CM to Fractions of Inches
The quality of the wire is excellent. The pre-radiusing was not very consistent. I pre radius sanded using full length aluminum sanders. A handful of frets did not seat fully due to over radiusing. Resulted in more finish work to level.
Great wire available in different radii. What's not to like? will order more in the future
Great stuff. Requires fewer tools and the radius is very consistent.
I order these for a rather abused Peavey Wolfgang. They radiused them to 15" and it was such a good job little leveling was required. Definitely the frets for my next project.
Love the fell of Stainless Steel frets when bending.
First time diy refret on a traveler speedster guitar went surprisingly well. I was expecting it to be a lot more difficult but the frets made it easy. Kinda rough on tools at least end nippers being Ss. Did everything with a few files and a rubber mallet. Strings glide over the surface of the fret, fingers don't touch the fret-board anymore, love it.
Vance Custom Guitars uses Jescar pre radiused packs for all our custom building and repair and maintenance ss fret work. The quality and quality control aspect of these fret make them the best we have ever used. We use diamond tools and fret cutters and nippers specially designed for SS and have very little extra effort going into working with stainless. Our frets are pressed in with no overbend and little post fretting corrective work is required. Simply a great product.