- Vintage reproduction PAF butyrate slug side bobbins
- Made in USA
- 1 15/16" (49.2mm) vintage pole spacing
- Overall dimensions 2 5/8" x 11/16" x 3/8" thick
- 1/4" thick coil winding area
- Set of 2 Slug side bobbins
This is an authentic reproduction of a PAF butyrate bobbin from the late 50's. The bobbins have an amazing amount of detail from the original PAF bobbin including surface texture, offset square inside hole for slug side bobbin, and the unmistakable butyrate smell!
**Please note that butyrate bobbins don't have a gloss smooth finish like ABS bobbins. The finish is dull like the original PAF bobbins.
***Butyrate bobbins can become warped if potted. Originally PAF pickups were not potted. If you intend to pot your pickup you will need to use a lower temperature wax then you would normally use for ABS plastic bobbins.