- Single Coil Strat Base Plate
- Made in USA
- Overall Dimensions - 3 5/16" x 5/8" (83.8mm x 15.9mm)
- Thickness - .055" (1.4mm)
- Mounting hole spacing - 3 1/16" (76.9mm)
- Qty 1 baseplate
Typically used to boost low and midrange frequencies of a fatter/wider sound. Most commonly used on the bridge pickup. Great add on to a Strat pickup!
Installation of your steel baseplate:
- Make sure your pickup bottom(s) are flat and clear of any bumps or ridges. Gently bend steel baseplate if needed to make flat if if isn’t already. Place a small piece of tape over the magnet poles on the bottom of the pickup. (You can use masking or other tape) You want to create a layer between the baseplate and pickup magnets.
- Place a small amount of thin super glue over the tape you just installed. Don’t use too much, just enough to help hold the plate. The pickups magnetism will help some as well.
- Install the plate. Move quickly as the glue will be drying. Make sure the mounting screw holes on the edges are lined up and have enough room so you can still adjust pickup heights with the pickup screws. Baseplate can also be installed with pickup still in the pick guard to make sure alignment is correct.
- Solder the end of the grounded wire to the start eyelet on the underside of the pickup coil (Usually a black wire)
- Trim off excess wire that extends past the eyelet.
MM or CM to Fractions of Inches
works perfectly to fatten up your bridge pickup on your Strat.