- Hosco TL-FC28S Stainless Steel Fret Cutter
- Special designed cutter for durability while cutting stainless steel frets
- Stong high carbon steel cutter
- Cuts close to the edge of the fretboard for less sanding
- Total length (closed) - 8 1/4" (210mm)
- Jaw width - 19/32" (16mm)
- Rubber coated handle
MM or CM to Fractions of Inches
Couldn’t cut the fret ends with the cutter I bought from the jungle. This one worked great!
We purchased these to try in our production shop where we manufacture hundreds of necks a year of which many are fretted with SS wire. The bolt cutter design makes cutting a piece of cake and the cutting edges have maintained their original sharpness through several rolls of SS wire so far. This was an issues with the FastCap cutters we had been using. The older FastCap versions were ok but with the newer Chinese manufactured versions the steel is soft like butter and chips on the fist cut. The Hosco cutter here is comparable to our more expensive Summit cutters with a different cutting method and we look forward to employing both in our normal production fret work. So far these have been absolutely worth the money.