- Hosco String Slot Guide Saw
- 0.2mm/.0078"inch width cut
- Blade length - 60mm/2 3/8"
- Overall Length: 190mm/7.5"
- Blade Pitch: 0.3mm (0.012”)
- Wooden handle
The Hosco H-SGSW is designed to make a groove in nuts for easy alignment for nut files. Special features include -
- Cuts on both push and pull stroke
- Very fine saw pitch so the blade doesn't wander
- A black colored blade that is easier to see
- A rounded front edge prevents damage to the headstock from strikes
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I recently rebuilt a Guitar for my Great-Grandson, and needed to make a nut from an un-slotted Tusq blank (child size Guitar with a narrow neck) I realized I needed a very thin saw to rough out the slots for the gbe strings. I used my .020" fret saw for the bigger ones. This is the perfect tool for the job, and saved a bunch of time. Every Guitar Tech/Luthier needs one of these in their toolbox!
It works great for starting string slots on a nut. I also used it for the octave G on a 12 string, and this plus a little sandpaper did the trick. I have not been disappointed by any tools for Hosco.