- Toggle switch knob
- Aftermarket part - not Genuine Gibson part
- SAE 8-32 thread size for USA guitars with Switchcraft toggle switches
- Amber - Looks closer to a butterscotch color...like in the picture
- This is for 1 switch tip
*Some Gibson Studio and Tribute models use a metric toggle switch. If you have one of these models please check before ordering.
Size examples for threaded toggle switch knobs:
- M3.0 x .5 - rare - switch diameter is 3mm or approx. 7/64"
- M3.5 x .6 - common Epiphone - switch lever diameter is 3.5mm or approx. 1/8"
- M4.0 x .7 - common Japanese switch - switch lever diameter is 4mm or approx. 5/32"
- SAE 8-32 - common US Gibson(except Studio/Tribute models) - switch lever diameter is approx. 4mm or 5/32" <- this is the one being sold here
**M4x.7 and SAE 8-32 are the same diameter but have a different thread pitch. They are not interchangeable.
11 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works great - cool color
I looked around for a period correct color . I found it here after a pretty long search- just looking. The quality & availability is nice to find another good source
I ordered this to add a vintage feel to a 2004 Gibson LP Std. which it does but I am going to sand and polish the split line of the molding as it makes it seem like a cheap plastic imitation part...which don't get me wrong, it is but I want it to look like more than that so it will require a bit of hand work on my part.
love the color on these!
i love the color
Much closer in color to the vintage '80's Gibson amber switch tips. way closer than the ones Gibson uses these days.
A nice vintage looking switch tip for your vintage or someday to be vintage Gibson.
Pretty close in color and shape to a vintage Gibson switch tip that has changed color due to use and age. I find it way more accurate than what Gibson is supplying on the CS models. Not quite as red-orange and shiny as a long worn original, but there are ways to make it closer in color if need be. Not all vintage tips are exactly the same color either. In terms of replica use, the Gibson CS tip has an internal sprocket used in the manufacturing process which you will never see on a vintage tip. These are closer to vintage in design. Excellent choice for the price.
Very nice will buy more!