- S.O.S. Sound Offset Spacer for Concert size Ukulele with Nylgut strings
- S.O.S. improves the intonation at each fret
- Easy installation to your Ukulele
- Installs next to string nut
- No permanent ukulele modification
- Designed and based on MTS theory(patent pending) to fit Concert Ukulele with nylon strings
MTS is a new method to offset the string pitch for fretted instruments. MTS derives the accurate offset value from instrument's string height, scale, and stress of each string.
Please check YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU7M_h7JeKo. Sorry the video is in Japanese but it will give you a good idea on how it works.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I recently purchased an inexpensive Concert sized ukulele to learn on. I have played guitar for almost 50 years so I am not new to stringed instruments. I found that the ukes intonation just wasn't acceptable. After some research I found the MTS SOS compensated nut and thought it would be worth a try.
At first I was disappointed but after several emails with Kenny at Philadelphia Luthiers I took his advise and installed a new set of Aquila Nylgut strings. That helped tremendously, but after I installed the SOS compensated nut everything is perfect. I would not have believed it had I not given it a try. I also did some minor setup tweaks but I think all instruments can benefit from a proper setup.
I'm going to try one on my old acoustic guitar too.