- Aluminum Tailpiece with mounting studs and anchors
- Made in the USA - not a Genuine Gibson® part
- Lightweight vintage design - weight is about 1.2 oz.
- Nickel plated aluminum alloy
- Includes mounting nickel plated brass studs(SAE 5/16 - 24) and zinc plated steel bushings
- Tailpiece ear thickness is .290"(7.4mm)
The aluminum tailpieces weight 1/4 that of the zinc and produce a much different sound. They transfer vibrations differently, resulting in a woodier, more airy vintage tone - richer, rounder mids but with more upper harmonics as well. Back in the '50s, Gibson® used aluminum for their stop bar tailpieces. For whatever reason, they switched to zinc, which is still used today on all but the historic line.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Use this on a makeover of a '14 70s Tribute SG along w/ a Pinnacle Brass Nashville ToM and the combo made a pretty significant difference in acoustic volume, sustain, clarity and bite.
Paired up w/ new wiring and the Dirty Fingers pickups this bridge and tailpiece combo have turned this cheap Gibson into a total hard rock tone monster.
Would definitely buy again for any of my fixed tailpiece guitars it will fit on.
High quality, very lightweight and replaced the stock zinc tailpiece on my SG reissue perfectly.
Great quality! fit & finish were perfect! I ended up buying two, there is no need to spend extra $$ on any other AL tailpieces.