Guitar and Bass tuning machines are sold by the side of the headstock they are mounted when viewing from the front. Left or Right side is not the same as left or right handed. Please remember this when placing your order.
- GOTOH SG301-20-MGT Locking Tuning Machines
- Sold in pre-configured sets - 3Lx3R, 4Lx2R
- 18:1 tuning ratio
- Grover style large metal tuning knob
- 0 degree mounting hole (mounting hole is located vertically directly below the string post)
- ROCK-SOLID posts prevent the rocking of string post
- LUBRI-PLATE lubrication for smooth action and longer life
- NEW MAGNUM-TRAD Traditional style locking tuner with thumbwheel
- Includes bushing and mounting screw
The GOTOH MG-T uses an intuitive rear mounted thumbwheel locking mechanism for fast string changes.
We are selling the SG301-20-MGT in 2 pre-configured sets for your convenience. The 3Lx3R and 4Lx2R include all long(20mm) string posts. Also sold individually to make your own custom set.
Locking tuning machines will use a shorter post than non-locking tuning machines. The string posts are on average about 1/16" (2-3mm) shorter so you will have the proper downward pressure at the nut and increased tuning stability.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
these are a drop in replacement for my 30 year Ovation.these are easily the best locking tuners ive ever used.
i just found Philly Luthiers a few months ago, and i am switching all my business to them. service, selection and shipping, they have it all.
These Gotoh SG301-20 MGT are a drop in replacement for Grover tuners. The screws holes are directly below just like on Grovers. I prefer these GOTOH locking tuners over the GROVER locking tuners because sometimes with the GROVERS, the holes on the tuning pegs don't want to open, even with the thumb wheel loosened all the way.
That never happened with these GOTOH. These feel like they are built better. To me these are the superior option. These are great tuners if you are locking to get locking tuners.