- Metal humbucker mounting ring
- Made in USA
- "Smoked Black Nickel*" plated brass
- These are not made of plastic
- Dimensions are 3 5/8" (92mm) x 1 13/16" (46.3mm) x 1/16" (2.1mm) thick
- Inside dimensions are 2 3/4" (70mm) x 1 17/32" (39mm)
- Outer mounting hole spacing measured center to center is 3 1/4" (83mm), Short side 1 15/32" (37mm)
- ***Please check dimensions before ordering***
- MOUNTING SCREWS ARE NOT INCLUDED - uses #3 x 3/8" oval head screws (Gibson pickguard/backplate screws)
- Qty 1 pickup mounting ring
*Black nickel plating can ranging from a dark “jet-black” to a light “charcoal/smoke gray” finish. The characteristics and appearance of black nickel plating is a function of the basis material and/or underplating that is plated prior to the black nickel topcoat.
**This is a light smoked black nickel and is similar to GOTOH Cosmo Black. Please be aware that the shade of black nickel can vary between manufactures. Please don't assume that it will be a perfect match for your existing black nickel hardware.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
These rings are great for two reasons: First, they are metal, so they provide a rigid holding frame for the pickup that a spring can push against pretty hard if necessary, and not cause it to bow up. Second, they are extremely well finished with this dark, smoky gray color. I think either the smoke or the black would be just beautiful on any guitar. Well, so would the other colors! Really pretty. Unfortunately I'm one of the many fools who thought, "How far off can those holes be?" and went ahead and bought these, only to learn that they don't always match up with the holes for a plastic ring. I've still got these beauties though, and I am trying to decide whether to sell them myself or slightly enlarge the mounting holes toward the middle, so I can use an American screw head and have them line up properly. Do what it says, folks: Measure the dimensions first!