- Jescar EVO Gold Fretwire #FW51100-EVO
- EVO Gold is harder and tougher to work with than nickel silver fretwire(not recommended for the beginner)
- Medium Wide electric guitar and a popular bass guitar fretwire
- 2 3/4"(69.85mm) wide(usable width is approx. 2 5/8"(66.675mm))
- 25 frets pre-radiused at 9.5"
- No need for a fretwire bender - **custom radiusing available if requested before ordering**
- Crown width: .100" (2.54mm) Crown Height: .051" (1.29mm)
- Recommended for a slot width of .023"
- Please be sure to check the size before ordering
Jescar EVO gold retwire is a beautiful gold colored fret wire. Jescar fretwire is used by many of the top guitar manufacturers and highly regarded repair shops. You can't go wrong using Jescar fret wire on your next guitar or bass refret.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I had these frets put on a 1981 Aria Pro II PE-60, the guitar is pretty much a Les Paul copy. The fret size is perfect for me, high and wide enough to bend the strings easily, but intonation stays intact when fretting. The width is perfect up above the 14th fret where things can get congested with wide frets. The gold colour looks very nice with the honey burst finish, it's not too gold, more brassy looking which matches the brass saddles on the bridge. My only complaint is these frets have a very distinct plinking sound when fretted. I have other guitars with stainless steel frets and they are not as "plinky" as this guitar is now. It might just be this guitar as it is very resonant and tends to reveal all my sloppy playing. The Evo Gold frets are very smooth to play on, and over all I do like them.